Hello Again

 I used to blog regularly. "Used to" is eight years ago. EIGHT. What?! Regular writing fell off with kids #3 and #4...plus Facebook and Instagram made it easier to get a quick writing fix. But my kids are older, I'm halfway through a "poetry and meditation" class, so I'm feeling that push to do more, to explore this dusty love of mine, writing.

I thought taking a class would magically propel me to write during the week. But, alas. That has failed to happen. Shocking. So, how to get my lazy bones working?

And thus we come to the title of my new blog, "The Dryer Diaries." When I press start on my dryer, I write. I play with poetry, I blog, I revise, I brainstorm. Until the buzzer tells me to stop.

Looking forward to seeing what emerges....in addition to a basket of warm laundry to fold.



Comments

  1. Brilliant idea. Brilliant blog name. So do you write delicately when you’re drying delicates and heavy when you’re trying towels? What do you do write when something has to air dry? Sincerely, Your Biggest Fan Since You Were Born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be surprised if my dryer setting did not affect my writing. ;) love you, Papa.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic trigger for a good habit! I recently heard about habit pairing. If theres something you want to improve, pair it with something you already do regularly, and this is the perfect example! Rock on lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment